Price Discovery & Trading Workflows
This page will provide you with access to example use cases to power real-time and price discovery workflows using Refinitiv APIs. On the right are a series of articles describing use cases in detail complete with code examples, snippets and samples, as well as full jupyter notebooks and source code available on Github. At the bottom of the page you will find links to related APIs, with Overview, Quick Start Guide, full Documentation and Tutorials.
Discover pricing from the broadest set of exchanges and venues and OTC contributors, use our APIs to consume real time price snaps or streams in a web page, front office systems through middle office risk and back office our real-time capabilities can be accessed via web apis, easy to integrate websocket APIs or compiled high performance APIs. These offer different quality of service to suit your needs, from trade safe real time through to conflated feeds.
Use our APIs for comprehensive price discovery across OTC (over the counter) fixed income and credit, foreign exchange and money markets, commodities as well as exchange traded instruments (equities, futures, options and others). Both live executable and indicative pricing for using Python and utilising modern web technologies (websockets and REST). Enterprise use cases are powered by our real-time APIs and we support both compiled and web languages. With samples to help get a headstart, all our articles include links to Github for the source code and Jupyter notebooks. Our APIs offer access to 80 million instruments trading on over 500 exchanges, OTC venues and contributors worldwide and including full orderbooks with a microsecond (nanosecond where available) timestamped history to 1996 covering every tick.
Refinitiv Evaluated Pricing Service (EPS)
An independent, global evaluated pricing source covering over 2.6 million fixed income securities, derivatives and bank loans. Coverage spans all major financial markets and prices are available at multiple times daily. This includes Hard-to-Value or Illiquid assets in core and emerging markets, spanning core sectors and industries. Access to this service via Eikon and Workspace or for distributed use cases across the enterprise use Datascope API
Our APIs provice content to power the following trading workflows:
- FX Trading - Access to deep liquidity in hundreds of currency pairs, efficient and effective execution, with full insight into trade decisions with FX Trading with aggregated trading venues and an end-to-end electronic workflow.
- FX spot, forwards, swaps, NDFs, options, precious metals, and money markets, execute all of your trades through one single solution.
- Manage Equity trading strategies from beginning to end. Access trading functionality, powerful workflow and compliance tools, and rich analytics via desktop, cloud and API. Trade equities, futures and options with over 200 brokers in more than 80 countries
- Portfolio and spread trading capabilities
- Charting, workflow and compliance tools
- Perspective analytics and insights on orders
Our APIs provide access to the world’s largest FIX-based order routing network, Autex, transacting over 40 billion shares a day across five continents and 20 time zones: trade equities, options, futures, FX and fixed income. More than 850 buy-side firms connect to over 600 brokers through a single FIX connection.
Connect to our cloud-based multi-asset class order management and portfolio management platform adaptable to the differing needs of individual equity trading desks, as well as the hedge fund trading desk.