RMC is Thomson Reuters open and supported strategic management interface. It is the API that provides clients and third-party developers access to management information. Thomson Reuters, clients and third-party developers can write to the API to use this information in management applications.
The RMC Developers Kit contains all the components necessary to access management information for a variety of managing applications.
Users of RMC can write applications to do the following:
- Programmatic access to application specific management data for monitoring and system performance analysis
- Support TREP
- Facilitates Open Systems
- Embraces popular environments
- Protects your investment in technology
- Leverages existing infrastructure
- Enhances system manageability and efficiency
- No impact on application (RMC managed applications output management information to shared memory).
The RMC provides a programmable interface for monitoring software for the purpose of enhancing the manageability of a system.
The RMC software package contains the following:
- An object-oriented C++ class library for managing applications.
- Supporting documentation.
The library can be used by Reuters groups and third party developers to create a variety of managing applications. These managing applications would enable administrators to monitor a system on a node effectively and efficiently.