Reuters Polls are surveys of expert opinion. Reuters Polls content available on Thomson Reuters premium products comprises polling history of detailed forecasts and consensus estimates for economic indicators, foreign exchange, central bank interest rate policy, money market rates and bond yields. Aggregate recommended asset allocation from some of the world's top fund management firms is also available.
Reuters Polls provide clients with the widest range of views of what top forecasters in financial markets are thinking and are conducted on a regular snapshot basis so that survey results can be traced to a particular point in time.
Features and Benefits
Considered the market benchmark and often quoted in central bank policy documents and market research
Highest quality sample size compared to competition covering both quantitative as well as qualitative aspects of polls (i.e. sentiment changes)
Snapshot approach to polls provides clean consensus and point-in-time analysis capability
Contributors include top economists, buy/sell-side research analysts, strategists and research think-tanks who also provide insightful commentaries on forecasts. Consensus on probabilities of various outcomes for major central bank rate decisions.
Nimble and agile, with dedicated staff able to turn around a consensus on a change in expectations very quickly after key market events.
Reuters provides exclusive analysis of the data, calling out extreme views and flagging turning points when the consensus may not have moved. They write news articles on the latest findings quoting top contributors and experts.
Thomson Reuters polling apps offer intuitive visual graphics of market expectation
Additional Content Info
WHAT IS A REUTERS POLL?
- Forecasts collected by Reuters journalists and analysts from top experts
- Forecasters include economists and financial markets strategists from the sell-side as well as buy-side, plus independent researchers and some academics
- Coverage of market-moving instruments including economic indicators, foreign exchange rates, central bank policy rates and QE, money market and sovereign bond yields, and asset allocation recommendations
- Many news-driven snap polls as well on currency movements or government budgets
- Comprised of consensus forecast (usually median), high, low and number of forecasters plus detailed individual forecasts
- Historical consensus and detailed contributor forecasts available for many series
- Stock markets, housing markets, as well as polls on various commodities and energy instruments are also available but not currently in apps or time series
WHY REUTERS POLLS?
- Considered the most detailed, accurate and reliable
- Often quoted in official central bank documents as well as investment bank and academic research
- Highest quality sample size compared to the competition
- Snapshot approach provides clean consensus and point-in-time analysis capability
- Consensus on probabilities of various outcomes for major central bank rate decisions as well as recessions
- Nimble and agile, with dedicated staff able to turn around a consensus on a change in expectations very quickly before or after key events
- News-driven: articles on the latest findings quoting top contributors and experts
- Analysis of data, calling out extreme views and flagging turning points when the consensus may not have moved
REUTERS POLLS FINANCIAL CONTENT OVERVIEW
- Foreign exchange polls for most actively traded world currencies
- Economic indicators: 700+ economic indicators around the world
- All major world central bank interest rate decisions
- Asset allocation: (Global, U.S., Europe, UK, Japan)
- Major money markets and government bond yields
- Expectations for all major world stock market indices
- Various key housing markets
- Commodities & Energy: oil, gas, agriculture, precious metals and other commodities
- StarMine SmartEstimate® – analytical model that weights contributors more highly if they have a track record of higher relative forecast accuracy
Thomson Reuters Eikon
analytics and exclusive news on financial markets – delivered in an elegant
and intuitive desktop and mobile interface.
TextFTPEvent-Based, Varies, On Demand
Thomson Reuters Datastream
for greater insights and profits. Datastream Provides robust analytics tools,
intuitive charting application as well as seamless MS®Office integration.
Thomson Reuters On Demand
your financial data needs. We get you what you want, when you want it. Our
global team of analysts operates 24/5 and typically fulfills your requests
within a few hours. We specialize in ownership, deals & private equity,
filings, fundamentals, estimates, analyst research, transcripts and pricing,
with more to come in the future.
PDF, TextDigital FilesOn Demand